We've put together a 1minute video to explain our SQList tool:
Wednesday, 1 June 2016
Here is our session from the Collab365 Summit streamed live from Microsoft HQ in Redmond
Tame your SharePoint data and build reports, dashboards and KPIs like a master. (Collab365 Session)
In this session we'll look at ways to cut development and maintenance costs of data externalisation and ETL processes and how AxioWorks SQList can dynamically sync your SharePoint data with SQL Server for reporting, datawarehousing, BI and other LOB integration. We'll also demonstrate the AxioWorks SharePoint Integrated Reporting Add-In to allow reports and dashboards to be easily and quickly built by end users and reporting professionals for use in SharePoint Online or OnPrem and to report against SharePoint, SQL and other data sources .
Friday, 11 March 2016
In this session from the Collab365 Conference, we looked at the options for externalising SharePoint data including the use of SSIS, CSOM code and a pretty neat shortcut for doing replicating your data to SQL Server without having to write a line of code.
Download and try this useful tool yourself here
Here are the key SQLIst features:
- Continuously exports SharePoint lists and documents to single or multiple SQL Server databases.
- Dynamically builds a normalised set of SQL tables.
- Export sub-sites automatically: export lists and libraries from a SharePoint site and its subsites in a single replication.
- Union view: SQList can automatically generate an aggregated SQL view of similar lists and libraries across a site structure.
- Quick setup with granular selection of lists, libraries, and sites to export.
- Can be installed anywhere and does not require any changes to SharePoint.
- You only need one license to export data from different SharePoint servers.
- Uses standard SQL and HTTP connections and can connect via local network or the Internet.
- No need to map tables and columns, SQList will do that for you.
- No list view threshold issues, SQList uses native SharePoint change tracking capabilities which negate the requirement to add indexes to columns or to increase that pesky list view threshold.
- Expose your SharePoint data to SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Supports all versions of SharePoint including SharePoint Online.
- Supports all versions of SQL Server including SQL Azure.
Wednesday, 2 March 2016
Select * FROM SharePoint.List
In this video we look at how:
- Treat SharePoint list data like a SQL Server table
- Aggregate SharePoint lists and libraries across site collections and farms!
- Cut SharePoint data externalisation costs and timescales
- Build complex queries against your SharePoint data -NO MATTER WHERE IT IS!
- Painless integration of SharePoint Data with SSRS, Cognos, Power BI
- Build powerful reports and dashboards from inside SharePoint
Thursday, 11 February 2016
Announcing AxioWorks SQList v4.1
We are proud to announce the release of SQList v4.1. This release is designed to make replication of SharePoint data to SQL Server even easier, faster and with a greater degree of automation. We have also added new features, fixes and enhancements. Read all about them here
- Export sub-sites automatically: you can now export lists and libraries from a SharePoint site and it's sub-sites in a single replication.
- Automatically export similar lists: SQList 4.0 will automatically replicate lists and libraries with the same name across a site collection to normalised SQL Server tables.
- Use of SharePoint native change tracking: we have changed the way SQList detects changed items; this improves performance, reduces load on the SharePoint server and handles threshold limitations without the need to create indexes or change the list view threshold.
- Union view: SQList can now automatically generate an aggregated SQL view of similar lists and libraries.
- A brand new UI: we have all but rewritten the SQList Manager UI to make it easier to set-up replications. Our new "replicate in 60 seconds" wizard makes setting up a replication from scratch a breeze. Try it and see for yourself!